Friday, August 24, 2012

Updated or Outdated





Updated or Outdated
Carol Condon
www.carolcondon.com


It seemed as if my to do list was growing by the minute.  As I remembered something I needed to do, I would write myself a note so that I could complete one thing before beginning the next.  Finally, I was ready to get to my desk and begin all my computer work. The notice to update my software kept popping up every time I was deep into a project I was working on.  Since I didn’t want to be interrupted I just clicked on the “remind me later” button and kept right on working.  I didn’t want to stop what I was doing, close out of my programs, update and reboot.  I was “too busy” for that.

The need to update my software was forgotten.  Weeks had gone by and Miquel came up to me and asked me how I like the updated software.  I explained that it had been a while since I updated but when I saw how pleased she was with the improvements I went in search of my iPad and clicked on the app store.  I was shocked at how many apps were listed as needing updated.  Did I really ignore that many reminders?

I put in my password and all the apps began updating.  So many improvements were being added.  These great additions had already been paid for all I had to do was take the initiative and time to put them into action.

Our salvation has already been purchased for each one of us.  We just need to daily renew ourselves in Him.  We need to update our life “app.” We get so busy making life happen that we sit during a sermon when we plainly see the alert of a needed update but we just mentally click on “remind me later.”  We are too busy doing “our programs” that we do not want to stop, update and reboot.  Our life’s journey would be much improved if we daily looked for our needed updates and took the time and initiative to apply them to our lives.  His perfect will awaits us.  Are we renewed enough to recognize it?

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2


2 comments: