Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Her Determined Mood

Carol Condon
carolcondon5@aol.com

The house was quiet. The usual hustle and bustle had ceased. The forever-present sibling bickering rested now only in the recesses of her memory. The sound of movement generated by those who had lived in her home was now replaced by the hum of appliances. Her dearest and best friend is evident in every room yet no longer in her presence.

How devastating all the change has been to her; yet she determined to be a victor. The tears came and still come. The desire to turn back the clock greets her each and every morning. Still she pushes and pulls herself every day to climb out of the despair, that our minds can so quickly place us, in order to be the constant to all around her. I would like to introduce you to my Mother.

So often life throws each of us situations that we are not expecting. Circumstances come at us seemingly out of the blue. A once beautiful and positive morning can instantly be replaced with feelings of despair and gloom. Our moods can change ever so swiftly and can do so in a variety of ways. We may be stunned to silence or follow the urging to vent the rambling thoughts and emotions that are running unrestrained. How normal this is for the entire human race yet so mentally unhealthy.

I recently heard the following Scripture quoted.

“I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews” Acts 26:2

I thought of my Mom. Her heart had been broken yet many times through her tears and extreme sadness she set a life goal that is listed in Acts 26:2. She thinks herself happy.

I give tribute today to the precious lady that the Lord chose to be my Mother, Beulah Cox. I stand along side my 4 brothers and 1 sister as we take this opportunity to rise up and call her blessed. May God continue to give her the strength needed for each and every day as she determines to live daily as a victor. What if all of us adopted this Scripture and made it our “determined” mood? Today I think myself happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment